The Growth of Culture: Investigating the importance and influence of immigration
How has Britain evolved in to such a rich cultural tapestry?
Take your school on a cross-curricular journey through cultural diversity and multi-culturalism.
This unit explores the importance and influence of immigration in the creation of a colourful national identity.
Explore British culture through history, storytelling, geography, music and mathematics with opportunities to celebrate whole-school diversity.
• British culture through persuasive writing, traditional stories and tales of immigration.
• Contrasting demographics via data handling.
• The history of influx, settlement and invasion.
• Family trees of famous Britons.
• The origins of your favourite foods.
• The attitudes towards British emigration and their impact on a global scale.